Tuesday 31 January 2012

What's in my lunchbox this week? In which I conquer TVP

 

Lunchbox with food

 I enjoyed last week's lunch so much I just had to run a repeat on some of the dishes especially the TVP.

Clockwise from top right:

  • Steamed Brussels Sprouts - my favourite vegetable
  • Asian style TVP - everyone probably discovered this years ago but it's an amazing new thing for me. I've always had difficulties getting TVP to taste of, well, anything. Following last week's Vegan with a vengeance Chorizo TVP I was inspired. So I mixed up the Asian marinade for tofu from Vegan with a vengeance, added some extra water, threw in the TVP and left it overnight. Then the next day I just stuck the whole lot in a pan and cooked the excess liquid off. Expect to see a lot more of variations on this.
  • Pear
  • Rice and lentils
  • I've also been nibbling on popcorn with ground herbs and salt

 

No comments:

Contributors