Tuesday 15 September 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

Once again the guys on the veg stall offered me a load of stuff at cut prices. So I went away with plums, mushrooms, cauliflower and aubergines for not much money at all. My only challenge was to convert these along with the usual array of pantry odds and ends into lunch.

Clockwise from top right:

Last of the quinoa
radishes and green pepper
two plums and a handful of blackberries
curry - I was inspired by an ancient leaflet explaining how to make proper curry. So using half an onion, cumin seeds, garlic, chilli powder, tumeric, cumin and some over bay leafed tomato soup I created a starter sauce. It probably would have been better if I had then used a large pan or a frying pan when adding aubergine and cauliflower to the sauce. It's turned out very well anyway. I will definitely be using this recipe again.

No comments:

Contributors