Tuesday 8 September 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

I'm having a bit of a clear out the fridge/freezer/pantry week once again. I often get the urge to do this, remove a few items and then buy more stuff. However I dothink the overall levels of stuff are shrinking as I can now fit the food processor on a shelf.

Clockwise from top right:

Cucumber - purchased from a farm shop I passed on my travels

Greengage and Plum crumble - this uses up the plums and greengages at the bottom of the fridge. I also managed to use up millet flakes and half a sample of museli making the topping. I threw in some marzipan which tastes great. A slight disaster with the marzipan which I popped in the microwave to soften and ended up exploding.

Tomato tart - puff pastry, tomatoes and vegan cream cheese with a sprinkle of herbs. The tomatoes are so sweet. Can I replicate the taste just by roasting tomatoes?

Salad - nothing fancy, just Little Gem lettuce and pepper.

No comments:

Contributors