Wednesday 10 July 2013

What's in my lunchbox? Best in the sun

Lunchbox on grass

Given the amount of meals I base on pantry, fridge and freezer clearouts you could be forgiven for thinking that I either have massive amounts of food hoarded, or that I buy so much food I can't keep track of what I've got.


I must confess I'm pretty amazed myself when I consider what to make for lunch, and uncover ingredients that compliment each other beautifully. It's almost like I planned it. Maybe I'm subconsciously batch cooking!


Clockwise from top left:

Pasties made with sesame seed pastry and filled with home-made vege burgers (made from tofu, soy mince and …who knows). Both pastry and burgers were in the freezer just waiting for me to put them together.


Salad dressing (in red pot) – a blend of Safflower oil and balsamic vinegar.


Twiglets – I was given a box of these last week and decided they are excellent nibble sized food.


Snack mix – my favourite combination of dates, salted almonds, pistachios, dark chocolate.


Salad with spinach, rocket, red pepper, cucumber, hazelnuts, and the last of the Field Roast meatloaf. Utterly glorious sprinkled with dressing.


Best eaten in the sunshine. Preferably with grass to sit on and a cool breeze from the river.


Wishing you green ink and good food,

Annastasia




No comments:

Contributors