Tuesday 16 July 2013

What's in my lunchbox? Just for the dressing

Food and book

I made this lunch pretty much entirely for the delicious dressing. It’s from a recipe in The Garden of Vegan. It’s easily overlooked as the recipe title focuses on the spinach and tofu that form the salad, rather than on this delicious tangy dressing. It’s perfect for the hot weather we’ve been experiencing of late.

The hot weather has also made lunch outside a truly enjoyable experience. Having recently moved offices I’m getting to appreciate riverside walks and plenty of delightful spots for lunch right on my doorstep.


Clockwise from top:

  • Sex and Stravinsky by Barbara Trapido - enjoying this so much I might have to do a rare book review post
  • Home grown strawberries and dark chocolate
  • Twiglets
  • Wonderful dressing – a blend of miso, oil, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and garlic
  • Salad – radishes, various leaves (spinach, rocket, Oak leaf lettuce) and Italian style tofu (yes, plain fried tofu would have worked fine but I was feeling inspired).

Countryside


This is where I enjoyed my lunch while listening to birds and watching butterflies.

No comments:

Contributors