Tuesday 22 January 2013

What's in my lunchbox this week? - impatient

 

Lunch box and book

I bought rice papers at some point in the past with plans to feed them to a wheat avoiding friend. Then I read Animal, vegetable, miracle which feeds them to vegetarian guests so I figured they must be ok (on all kinds of levels!). I've been sprouting my own alfalfa and the description of the party in Animal, Vegetable, mineral at which these are served kept coming back. I'm so glad it did!

Clockwise from top right

  • Yummy kale in a tahini dressing made with lemon juice, the dregs of a jar of peanut butter, slightly more substantial tahini jar dregs, water and salt.
  • Popcorn popped in sesame oil. A small change that makes so much difference to the taste.
  • Rice paper rolls filled with home sprouted alfalfa and tofu. The tofu was marinated and baked using the recipe from The Vegan Lunchbox.
  • Apple and marzipan pie - homemade pastry filled with sliced apples, some ancient marzipan (from back of the pantry but it never goes off, right?) and a little sprinkle of allspice.
  • To read - One of our Thursdays is missing by Jasper Fforde.

I can barely wait for lunchtime to arrive this week.

 

No comments:

Contributors