So here are the results of my intention to make an effort. I actually struggled to fit it all on the lunchbox. A packet of Ryvita failed to make it into the photo.
Clockwise from top right:
- Cashew and walnut cheese - I found a recipe I'd scribbled on a scrap of paper (this is why one should always cite references) which appeared to be for some kind of raw cashew cheese. Alas it was rather runny so I did what I do with my usual cashew cheese and baked it. So much for experimentation!
- Shoved down the side of the box are some halved mincemeat muffins. These came out a little heavier than I expected, more like bread pudding, but I'm not complaining.
- Speedy Kale and tofu delight from La Dolce Vegan - I love this recipe and was delighted to have the ingredients to hand.
- Steamed cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts with Righteous Ginger and toasted sesame salad dressing. A colleague bought this dressing but didn't care for it and passed it to me. Almost as tasty as my home made version.
- British Cox apple
- To read - Mad like Tesla : underdog inventors and their relentless pursuit of clean energy by Tyler Hamilton.