Tuesday 28 May 2013

What's in my lunchbox this week? Bobby's Girl Vintage

I tend to take food with me when I’m out and about. Unless my outing involves a planned visit to a vegan event, restaurant or shop I can never be certain what I’ll be able to eat. I can get by on jacket potatoes and baked beans if necessary but it’s so much nicer to take my own food. A girl can only eat so many baked beans!
Saturday I was manning a stall for Ink Drops Boxes at Bobby’s Girl Vintage fayre in Chelmsford. We were offering stationery pick ‘n’ mix and hoping for a chance to chat with customers and share the joy of hand written letters. Naturally I packed lunch. You don’t get much more vintage than a eating a packed lunch while wearing a 1950s dress and enthusing about letters appearing on your doormat. It just needed a flask of tea to make it really vintage. And maybe a slightly more traditional contents to my lunch box….

Clockwise from top right:
Habas fritas – deep fried broad beans – these tasted rather sweeter than usual
Grapes
Rice paper wraps – filled with brown rice noodles, spring onions and alfalfa
Radishes

No comments:

Contributors