Tuesday 3 September 2013

What's in my lunch box? The time has come at

Food boxes, tomatoes, book

I came across a recipe for a salad with lentils and stone fruit earlier in the summer, and have been waiting for the moment stone fruits came into season to spring into action. Yes, I’ve made my usual substitutions (particularly in the dressing) but think I stay close enough. I even did the onion pickling, which proved to be quick and easy, and definitely worth it.


From bottom left:

 

Lentil and stone fruit salad – based on a recipe from PPK. Spinach, rocket, Cos lettuce, red onion, green lentils, and greengages with a dressing made from rice vinegar, mustard powder, olive oil, dried onion, garlic powder, and a little salt and pepper.


Apple and blackberry crumble


To read – More adventures of Ms Stackhouse in Dead as a doornail by Charlaine Harris

 

Tomatoes – a mix of market bought and home grown.

 

Wishing you all things green,

Annastasia


 

No comments:

Contributors