Tuesday 24 September 2013

What's in my lunch box? Autumn abundance

I had so many lovely things to go in my lunch box this week I had to really stuff them in. The market and my allotment have been an abundance of seasonal produce.
Clockwise from bottom right:
  • Potatoes fried up with onions, roast peppers, and smoked tofu
  • Peach/nectarine - I'm sure the label at the market said peach but they seem more like nectarines. Anyway they're ripe, juicy and delicious. The small red tub contains salt, pepper and chilli flakes
  • An advocado (for mashing and adding contents of red tub) and various leaves (rossof lettuce, rocket, and spinach) from the allotment
  • Julie and Julia by Julie Powell I loved the passion for cooking in this. Not so much the meaty bits.
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Mini pittas - torn up to fit in the box

No comments:

Contributors