Friday 16 August 2013

What's in my lunchbox? Prepared in advance


Lunchbox
I had a marvellous Saturday. I spent the morning at my allotment mainly harvesting produce. Then I devoted the afternoon to cooking said produce plus the goodies I'd picked up at the market earlier in the week. I was tired by the end of the day but so happy.
Clockwise from top right
Caramel apple peanut bar – This is divine. The photo does not do it justice. It's from Veganomicon. And a tip for anyone else making this – follow the recipe. Do not decide that you will make some sugar syrup because you don't have any date syrup, or believe that a microwave works just as well as a pan over a low heat. It still tasted good but I want to experience the 'ribbons' of caramel the recipe refers to.
Mexican millet – another Veganomicon favourite. I successfully deviated from the recipe by chucking a load of sweetcorn in.

Tortilla – This is my take on a Spanish omelette with potatoes and onions. I replaced the eggs with a gram flour batter. I am currently experimenting with the various approaches (fried potatoes? Boiled potatoes? Thick batter? Thin batter? How much salt? Add nutrition yeast?) in search of the perfect combination.

Radishes, cucumber and rocket

Wishing you all things green,

Annastasia

No comments:

Contributors