Thursday 13 December 2012

What's in my lunchbox this week? - forgotten

Lunchbox and book
As I was drifting off to sleep on Sunday night when I realised that I'd completely forgotten to prepare anything for my lunchbox. I'm not great at mornings but 6am Monday saw me googling easy vegan lunch ideas. This was the result:

Clockwise from top left

  • Smooshed chickpea salad based vaguely on a recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I subbed sun dried tomatoes for olives and basil for parsley. It tastes great. Not sure if its the lemon or the oil but there's something really tasty and tangy in it.
  • Steamed Brussels sprouts - my favourites
  • The Red Box by Rex Stout. I had it on my list to read something featuring Nero Wolfe and this was it. I enjoyed the style of the writing and plan to be on a look out for some more.
  • Either a tangerine or a satsuma - what is the difference?
  • Steamed cauliflower
 

No comments:

Contributors