|Home made elephant costumes|
I've now managed four months without purchasing new clothes, shoes or accessories. Last week was a bit of a struggle as I put together various costumes for Spring Fling. However as I was unable to buy clothes I had to make do with what I had or what I could borrow. As a result I had no purchases that I would wear only once, no panicked searches through the shops, and the chance to get innovative. I learnt how to make a beard from a ball of yarn; a skill I'm sure I'll find further use for.
Targets wise things went better in March then April, mainly because my goals got a bit woolly. So I completed March's tasks of garden clearance, creating a classics reading list, and organising a vegan meet up. While I did things in April the results weren't so clear cut.
My progress was as follows:
- Clear my sewing pile - it's smaller than it was. Three are still a number of items that need work, and a few are going to form monthly goals of their own.
- Learn about Triads - I now know what these are. A good opportunity to temping myself of the basics of the murky world of musical theory. Should a huge help next time I'm reading Bass a guitar magazine.
- Clear junk out at a car boot sale - I've set dates to do boot sales. I've made a huge pile of stuff to sell. I just need to. Ring the two together.
My 'challenges' for May are:
- Make a button collar necklace
- Make a plan for my sites Not The Vegan Police, and The Vegan Sandwich
- Create a list of places to visit in Essex
As the outcomes for these are more clear cut it should easier to know if I've done them.
I also need to up my game on 40 for forty.
Things that are the various of my list are:
- Making crumpets - crumpet rings have been purchased
- Read a book on wild swimming
- Find out what the a Shipping Forecast is all about
- Look up vegan food swaps
So another busy month beckons bringing an emptier house, a better used wardrobe, and an engaged brain.
Wishing you green ink and good food,