Wednesday 4 January 2012

My master plan for 2012

If my blog had a soundtrack there would be an evil cackle right now as I lure you into reading yet another photo free post where I set out yet another philosophy to live by. However philosophies for life have to change on a pretty regular basis because change is the only constant.
So my big ideas for at least the first few months of 2012 are as follows.

1. Accept that routine is a good thing that it frees the mind to get creative and ensures food is prepared, clothes are washed and that bills are paid. Also accept at I would be unlikely to be doing anything more exciting most of the time anyway.

2. Declutter one space in the house every week. Go for low standards on this and consider that even a single item counts as a declutter activity.

3. Sew something every Saturday. The same low standards apply but keep reminding self how nice it would be to clear my fabric stash.

4. Eat main meal at lunchtime on Sunday and embrace vegan brunch type dishes.

5. Spend an hour on Sunday preparing food for the coming week. Try to include a carb, a protein, a vegetable, a sauce or dip, a snack and a dessert.

6. Behave one weekend a quarter as if I am ill e.g. Do nothing, avoid alcohol, sleep, eat easy food and generally recharge my batteries.


That's it. Let's see how things pan out. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Contributors