Thursday 3 October 2013

What's in my lunch box this week? Inspired by the season

Lunch box and food
This was one of those lunches I aspire to where I see what is in season, and then cook accordingly.
Clockwise from bottom right:
  • Plums - as they are because you can't have plum cake every week.
  • Pan bread - made with gram flour and somewhere between a bread and a pancake.
  • Dal - made with a super easy recipe from Rose Eliot's Vegan Feasts. I added spinach and rocket. The former worked better than the latter.
  • Death of a Pirate: British Radio and the making of the Information Age by Adrian Jones. After an exciting start this is proving to be a more academic work than I anticipated. However I'm learning all kinds of things about the set up of the BBC, and the goings on at rival broadcasters.
  • Roasted romanesco cauliflower - I'd forgotten how good this was roasted. It's a wonder it survived to go in my lunch box.

No comments:

Contributors